Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Day 0 - Good Omens


Good omen #1:
My bags were packed and sitting on my couch, I was ready to leave only after I took my trash out and checked the mail. --Nothing says, "Welcome home." like a trash can full of rotting food and waste. After I had deposited my trash into the dumpster, I walked to the mailbox, expecting at least a bill or two. What I got instead was a check for $100 for a show I worked a couple of weeks ago.

Good omen #2:
Nancy and I went to the airport this afternoon to pick up the rental car. Who else greets us at the door but Austin Keller and his roomate Brian(last name unbeknown to me at this point.) This was the conversation in brief:
"Heeeeyyyy!!! Austin!!"
"Timmy!!!"
"What are you doing here?"
"Just got back from Cancun. Where are you headed?"
"Chicago."
"Cool, why there?"
"Lollapalooza"
"Cool, who's playing?"
"...basically a mixture of bands from Bonaroo and Voodoo Fest."
"Cool."

Well you get the idea. So, we finally go to rent the car. We step up to the desk and the lady says, "We don't have any compact cars right now, would you like a free upgrade to an SUV?"
Well, of course I do. I thought it might have been run down, but it wasn't at all. It is really nice, and even has a button on the keychain to unlock my door, and a cd player!

It is nearly 1 am now, so we must load the Ford Escape, and ...escape on out of here. We are head to my sister's house in Jackson, Mississippi first, for breakfast and coffee. More updates later.
Haven't read other Lollapalooza posts?
Day 0 Day 1 Day 2 Update Day 3 Day 4 Day 5 LollapaIllustrated

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home