Saturday, August 05, 2006

Day 3- Expectations Fullfilled


I came to Lollapalooza with some expectations, not many, but some. Mostly, they were to see Built To Spill, Sonic Youth, Flaming Lips, and the Theivery Corporation. I also expected to see someone from Lafayette(I always seem to run into a familiar face everywhere I go.) So far I have viewed most of the bands from a distance, because in order to get a spot up close you have to "camp out" and claim your territory early, often an hour early. I saw Built To Spill and Sonic Youth up close, which were the two most important band for me this trip. In the middle of Built To Spill I hear someone calling my name, it is none other than Adam Hill. He was with Andre and his brother. What a surprise! I ran into them when we were leaving. They were going to Giovanni's for pizza, we already had plans to go to Connie's Pizza. Which was very good and interesting all in itself. Our waitress was fairly new, and we were her only table. She spent most of the night at our table, telling us her life story. She was almost too much, but we did have good conversation.

I am very tired now, so I must catch some shut-eye. More tomorrow...
Haven't read other Lollapalooza posts?
Day 0 Day 1 Day 2 Update Day 3 Day 4 Day 5 LollapaIllustrated

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home