Thursday, August 03, 2006

Day 1- Hit The Pavement


Finally, we made it out of Lafayette by 2am. I drove the speed limit across I-10, onto I-12, and up to I-55. We arrived at my sister's house, in Jackson, MS. at 5:30am(thirty minutes ahead of schedule.) She and her roomate were already up, and they were anxious and willing to make us breakfast. I had only an apple cinnamon doughnut and a cup of vanilla macadamian nut coffee. I did not have the energy to eat a large breakfast, instead, I needed a power nap. While I was getting some shut eye, Ben and Nancy were eating eggs. Both of them ended up having pains in their stomachs; there is no direct evidince linking the pains and the eggs together. Nancy still does not feel well. The rest of the 15 hour drive was very relaxing for me. Northern Mississippi was probably the most scenic part of the trip, and Missouri was definately the least scenic. We were happy to finally get into Illinois, eventhough, most of that state is nothing but crops. It is, however, more aestecically pleasing than Missouri. So, I drove and drove, and Ben and Nancy slept and slept. We made it into Chicago, at last! I missed only one exit, causing us a five minute delay. Not bad for the first time in "da Bears" home town. After spending $2.40 on the tollway to get to where our hotel is, we finally found it. I go to check in, and the lady behind the counter asks me for ID to confirm my reservation. Of course, I reach for my wallet, and I open it up to where I normally keep it... but it's not there. I look everywere and I can't find it! I give her personal information, such as, phone number, address, SSN instead. We unload our bags into our room, then we head to Subway to get a bite to eat. We come back, park under the hotel, where it's all wet and it stinks. We eat our sandwhiches, take showers, and prepare for tomorrow.
Haven't read other Lollapalooza posts?
Day 0 Day 1 Day 2 Update Day 3 Day 4 Day 5 LollapaIllustrated

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home