Tuesday, September 13, 2005

There are currently a pair of panties outside of the door to my apartment. I do not know who they could belong to. They are pink and yellow, with pink and yellow flowers on them. I saw them for the first time last night. They made me happy.

I was already in a good mood, because my band practice had gone well. We did not do a lot of rehearsing, mostly because our drummer was sick and could not make it, and also because Charlie (solo guitar player) brought a bottle of Southern Comfort. I do have to admit that SoCo is my favorite liquer to shoot. We actually spent most of the practice sitting outside taking shots and talking. We talked about many things. Things I have always wanted to deeply converse with my band about, but that we very rarely ever do. Subject matter being mostly about the present state and future ideas of the band itself. We are at a point now where important decisions need to be made, and goals need to be set and agreed upon. It was a good feeling to be able to sit down and talk to the guys, honestly, about the way we feel. It was a great bonding experience, and I think our music will start to reflect it more.

The past month or so, the end of August to the present, has been a great time of learning for me. I have gained an incredible amount of insight of myself on a very personal, as well as, a public level. At 24 years of age, I know that in a year many new opportunities will arise for me. Past experiences have taught me that it is important to prepare for these kinds of opportunities, to be able to get the most out of them. I know what things I need and want for my life, and I know why I want them, the time has come for me to look into myself to see how I will get them.

Last night I lifted the bottle of Southern Comfort high in the air, under the waning moon, and toasted, to myself, the begining of a new chapter of the book I call Tim.

The significance of the panties, outside of my apartment, is still undetermined, as well as, being a mystery to who the owner may be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home