Friday, September 09, 2005

Blah! I cannot get to sleep. It is about three in the morning, and I have only been awake since three in the afternoon. That's right I slept late, but not because I am lazy. Oh, no, quite the opposite, in fact. I got up about four yesterday morning to take my mom to the airport. She flew out of Lafayette Regional Airport to meet up with her mom, dad, and brother at her grandmother's house in Maine. My great-grandma is, or near to, 105 years old. When you get that old, you can really stop counting, I'm sure. My mother is there now, and I hope she is enjoying her lobster and corn.

The past few days I have been in a state of pondering. I have been spending the sunsets at a park, very close to my house, sitting on top of a hill, near a maple tree, facing the tennis courts. I have let speculations of the present and future run around in my head. At times I would lay down and stare into the sky, completely oblivious to the fact that I know of the existence of airplanes. Until, one flew by. I would try to fathom exactly how this most recent disaster is going to affect everyone, in the long run. I have pondered ways to change certain reoccuring patterns in my life. I thought I might have finally found an escape from the pattern, but, after tonight, I almost feel like I am still subject to those heartbreaking cycles. I hope not. I hope this time will be different. I am trying harder this time, I am caring more this time, I am thinking more this time. I hope the results will be everlasting. Only time will tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home