Thursday, September 08, 2005

I was going through some old poetry I had written over the years, I found one that illustrates the way I see my ideal relationships. I found it interesting to read, because I still see spending time with my special someone in the same way. I figure we all have a certain way we see romance, and it never really changes as we get older. This poem confirms that for me. I remember the exact night I wrote it. I was about 15 or 16 years old, and my family was driving out to Florida to visit my grandparents. We had taken one of the back seats out of the van, and laid a mattress down to rest comfortably on. I was laying down on it staring out of the window. There was a full moon, and it was illuminating all of the clouds around it. One of the most beautiful things I had ever seen. Anyway, the words instantly started to form in my head, and so I wrote them down. I am glad I did. So without further ado:

My World With Me
By Tim Stark

Come stay in my world with me.
We will watch the clouds roll by,
And the moon shine bright.
We will listen to the music's
Sweet delight.
We will keep out of the light
And sing our love's song right.
Come stay in my world with me.

With my arms around you
We will stare silently at the moon
Deep into our own reflections,
And we will rest so contently
In our blissful vibe
And our mutual satisfaction.
Come stay in my world with me.

And I will strum on my guitar
The notes of who we are,
Which will fill the air around us
And you will listen to the sound
As you slumber on the ground
Feeling the warmth of our love.
Come sing my world with me.

But if you feel the need to go
For maybe a day or so
Don't be frightened to tell me
For I will understand and
Let go of your hand
Because, love was made to be free.
Remember your time with me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Luke Sonnier said...

Hey Time, nice to see you're joining the blog world. Keep it up.

1:03 AM  
Blogger Luke Sonnier said...

Added a link to your blog on my sidebar. It's under the heading "People I Know."

Later

1:07 AM  
Blogger Tim Stark said...

Thank you, and I added a link from of your blog to my page.

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home